Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Wipe Out

Or rather, wiped out. I had a teacher workshop today (assessment, feedback and Georgia Performance Standards).

Have I ever mentioned I can't sit still?

There's a reason you never come into my classroom to find me sitting at my desk. I'm up, in the middle of my students. I might be sitting in a student desk if I'm conferencing or perched on a stool or the top of a student desk if I'm teaching, but usually I'm moving around.

So eight hours in one chair, listening to a presenter? Oh. My. Gosh. I'm exhausted, and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. We did walk to lunch (have I ever mentioned my affection for high heels? My calves hurt now.). And I went for a walk with a friend while the Monsters were embroiled in an extracurricular activity. So I worked off the pent-up excess energy, but I'm still feeling the hours spent having to be attentive in that chair.

And before you remind me my students do this every day . . . they get to change classes and I provide lots of opportunities for movement in my class (I had two kids batting a balloon around the other day during group worktime. Me: "What are you doing?! W.S.: "Brainstorming. For our poster. We're tossing around ideas." Sure enough, they were. It's an awesome poster, too.)

Looking forward to my normal routine tomorrow . . .

No comments: