Monday, October 09, 2006

A Little of This, A Little of That

Larissa's new website is up and it's gorgeous! Check it out.

I'm cleaning this week while on fall break (I keep typing and saying "spring" break and having to correct myself -- I'm already planning our trip for that week and I'm obsessing a little). There's a lot going on in my life decision-wise, but there are some things I simply haven't been able to make a decision about yet. I don't have all the facts and there are things that are out of my control -- my sister calls this being "Jonah in the whale." I call it a holding pattern. A good friend of mine is in the same "stuck" position, and she doesn't like it any better than I do.

So getting rid of clutter makes me feel like I'm doing something. How weird is that? I guess it's a mind game for coping. The same way coming up with a solution for our study skills debacle at school made me feel accomplished. I'd much rather fix something than whine about it, or have to "live with it." Ugh.

I think I may have found a way to fix the "holding pattern" situation in my life. I think. I hope.

In other news, it's only three weeks until One Act competition. Very freaked about that. Very, very freaked.

I have about four months until my first release -- even more freaked about that. Scared, I think. I've been making a list of updates I need to do on my website and I'm working on a new MS, one I'm going to use as a free online read, giving out a chapter a week for several weeks before the release of WMM. I'm hoping it'll be a way to draw in more readers. What do you think?

No comments: