Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ever Had One of Those Days . . .

You know the ones -- where you know worse things could happen, but the small bad things keep coming and coming so it's more like a tsunami than a gentle tide of daily irritations?

I have so had one of those days. Nothing huge, nothing life-altering, but by 2:30 this afternoon, I was thinking, "What else can possibly happen today?"

Tomorrow . . . well, tomorrow should be a better day.

After I make a phone call and straighten out one of today's little unpleasantries.

If my kid decides he's going to cooperate and have a good day at school.

If the other kid's immune system shakes off the cold or virus currently trying to attack him.

If all 110 teenagers I teach suddenly develop great attitudes and stop whining.

Yeah. That would be nice. :-)

No comments: