Monday, August 27, 2007

It Should Be Illegal

To be this wiped out on Monday! I think it's because I was sick last night -- my second vertigo attack in a week. That is not good. I don't get them that often, but two in a week? That worries me. Usually, I might have one every two-three months. Maybe my blood sugar was off or something?

Anyway, I'm reading Gatsby. Sigh. Have I ever mentioned how Fitzgerald was a huge, flippin' genius? Oh, only once or twice? Ad nauseum, maybe?

He was, though. I told the DH earlier tonight I'm really not qualified to teach Gatsby. I've read it so often that every time I come back to it, I see something I didn't see before in terms of the language, the structure, the style . . . and I'm just awed. How do I help relay that to a group of eleventh graders? Yeah, yeah, I know, most of them could care less. I get that. But . . . gosh, I wish they could see it. Or appreciate it for what it is.

I'll quit rhapsodizing and go read now.

No comments: