Sunday, August 19, 2007

Still Feels Like Summer

I'm having trouble transitioning to the idea of school this year for some reason. Oh, I love my job, y'all know that. But there's something off so far this year and I'm not sure what it is.

Mary F. is listing what she's looking forward to this year but I can't relate at this point.

I think it's the six classes, the hundred-plus students and the triple-digit heat. It still feels like summer when I had a less-than-refreshing summer break to begin with. So I'm teaching and I'm doing my best job, because, well, that's what I do, but my true enthusiasms isn't there yet.

I'm hoping it will be soon. There are positives -- my kids are great, I didn't have to change classrooms, etc. But inside I'm a tad blah. It'll pass.

I'm off to write and cook a late lunch. Talk later, y'all.

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

HUGS!!!

Remember, I wrote that post before I actually WENT back to school (and found we have no sidewalks -- what the heck?)

You'll find it, and slide right back in.