Sunday, August 27, 2006

Out of Practice

I've been a bad, bad writer. Writing, for basically the last year, has not been my priority. Now I'm trying to get back into the habit, and boy, is it hard!

I'm picking up the manuscript I'd pretty much abandoned around January. I've been reading, trying to immerse myself in the characters, the plot, the conflicts. It isn't easy. The closest analogy I can come up with is it's akin to not running for months, then trying to get back into condition. Already, I can see it's going to be a slow, painful process.

But I'm trying. And I'm getting there.

Slowly.

Painfully.

But I'm getting there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find if I skip writing even for a few days I have to work harder to get back into story. I'm sure it'll come if it's meant to be. Talk about seeing your work with a fresh pair of eyes!

MJFredrick said...

Good luck, Linda! It's hard when you're teaching. I try at least 100 words a day.