Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Two Words and a List

Know what two of an author's favorite words are?

THE END!

I just typed those on the rough draft of MOU. Now I have an author's least favorite words for you:

LAYERING.

I have lots and lots of layering to do on the chapters I wrote during Christmas break. I came in under my estimated word count, but after I layer, I should be there.

Here's a list of things I learned while writing this book:

1) My instinctive writing style is just weird sometimes.
2) My hero has a potty mouth when he's angry.
3) Sometimes, a convoluted plan does come together, even when the author thinks it won't.
4) I have a thing for character names that start with "T" and "C."
5) I can finish a book before a deadline.
6) Sometimes, video games can be a good thing.
7) I have great friends.
8) I didn't forget how to write, despite the nearly twelve-month break from doing so.
9) My hero tends to have a violent streak when the heroine is threatened.
10) My heroine has quite the potty mouth herself.
11) I haven't lost my urge to write, either. The excitement was there -- it was just hiding.
12) Sometimes you don't need a list of six to move on. A list of four can work.
13) The cat gets ticked off when I try to type instead of petting her.
14) Intimacy can move backward, rather than forward.
15) I still love to write.

By the way, I'll be chatting at Fallen Angels Reviews tomorrow night along with other Samhain authors! Come join us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Linda! Great list too. I've been learning a lot about myself as a writer lately too.

MJFredrick said...

Congratulations!!!