Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday Check In

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
25,277 / 85,000
(29.7%)


That's my progress for 14 days of the 70 Days of Sweat. So after 20% of the sweaty days, I have almost 30% of my book written (if it doesn't go long -- I'm beginning to wonder if it might be a 95-100K book, but we'll see).

Today, I sorted out some of my plot issues. I don't have a complete synopsis yet and I'm working on the arc of the second romance -- I have two separate romances circulating about the suspense plot in this manuscript. I've never done this before but I'm really enjoying it.

You should pop over and read Larissa's post on rejection. I've tried to explain to people before how I'm thankful now that I didn't sell earlier because I wasn't ready and a) I'd have been miserable in the long run and b) I'd have screwed it up royally, but somehow I doubt I was as articulate in my explanation as Larissa is.

On the TTD list for the week:

1) HOL edits to Anne

2) WMM print galleys turned in

3) teach a four-hour writing instruction workshop

4) teach two one-hour drama workshops

5) make my 1200 daily

6) work on unit plans :-)

Only ten more days of summer vacation. Sob! Whatever will I do when I have to go to bed at a decent hour and get up at 5:30?!

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

Hugs on summer coming to an end! I have 4 more weeks.....the longest ever between RWA and school. I hope I can make the most of it!