Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Down to the Wire

Twelve more days of school. Seven actual class days. Three days of exams, softball day and honors day. That's it.

And I am so ready.

I love teaching, but I love summer, too -- staying up late, sleeping in, lazing around on the front porch reading, hanging out with the Monsters, catching up on the stuff I let slide during the school year.

I'm looking forward to summer for another reason this year . . . I'm finally feeling that tingling itch to write once again, and I'm hoping that the summer will bring with it relaxation and inspiration.

I've started plotting on a new WIP, and that's going well so far. I have revision plans for another book, and it appears the Muse is dragging her lazy self off the couch, giving up the Cheetos and donning her diaphanous robes yet again . . .

Now if I can just get the renovation stuff to fall into line, too!

No comments: