Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Brain is Shortcircuiting

Scenes from St. Augustine -- Two of the great houses on San Marco, facing the bay front. I'd love to live in that neighborhood.

My brain is doing weird things. Carol says it's stress. I think I'm just odd. I spent an entire day battling the "I've done nothing with my life, have nothing to show for it" depression, which really isn't me. I spent another few hours obsessing about something that is entirely out of my control. Then last night I had this weird movie-like dream about a possessed house, a dream which featured two of my characters. I never dream about my characters. It was strange and left me all scared, sad and disturbed because their relationship was destroyed by this possessed house and there was nothing I could do about it.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I see the parallels.

Does your brain do weird things when you're under stress? Or is it just me?

3 comments:

MJFredrick said...

HUGS, Linda!!! You haven't really given yourself any downtime this summer, maybe it's that. You wrote, studied, remodeled - amazingly busy!

As for not doing anything with your life, well, I know you know better ;)

Take a day for yourself this week, do nothing but what you WANT to do.

Anonymous said...

I think that pedicure needs to be this week! Let's do it. I've just looked around and felt like I've accomplished nothing this summer, either, but I've been way too busy . . . We must get ourselves together before school starts back and take some "me" time.

Anonymous said...

Weird doesn't even begin to describe what my mind puts out there.
RC