Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Kate Rothwell's Pimpin' Book Contest

Okay, let me just tell you how much I love Kate. I cannot even remember on which list I first met her (it's been a while), but I love her. She's funny, articulate, helpful, and a darn good writer to boot.

Second, you have to understand that I'm still trying to figure out the whole promo deal. I'm learning, but I don't think I'm that good at it yet.

But, I love Kate's new contest idea. Here's the deal, straight from Kate's blog:

1. Get a free book by Kate and or Summer and write and post something about it ("I loved/hated this book by Kate and/or Summer. You should/shouldn't buy it and read it because_____. Don't ask me to send my copy, because this one happens to be an ebook and we don't share our ebooks.")

Be put in a drawing pool for a THIRTY DOLLAR GIFT CERTICATE. You have to write something that indicates you at least looked at the thing, for heaven's sake. Also I reserve the right to lift really good comments from your great reviews and the right to use author calming visualizations if you post how and why you loathed the book. Either way you'll be entered in the contest--and the winner is picked by random drawing.

AND/OR

2. Post this offer on your site or blog. Send me a link to your post and be put into yet another drawing pool for another THIRTY DOLLAR GIFT CERTIFICATE. Do both and be put in both pools.

You can find out about the books for review at her blog plost here.

I love this. I wish I'd thought of it first!

No comments: