Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Where I Wish I Was . . .

But, I'm at school. And I seriously doubt I'll get a summer getaway.

Only three more days. I've given my only exam today (everything else I teach is an end-of-course-test class, so it's just a matter of waiting for test scores to show up. Today's exam is graded and imported, so I just need test scores . . .

I'm chatting tonight over at Loves Romance and More. Would love to have you come and join me!

I had a neat conversation with Monster #1 on the way to town yesterday afternoon (I'm finding he opens up more when Monster #2, a.k.a. The Mouth, is not around.). He's been studying global warming in science and is all into ways to reduce it. So he's decided his summer reads will revolve around alternative forms of energy.

While reading to Monster #2 last night (we read s-c-a-r-y books, as he puts it), I asked what he was going to read about this summer. "The Civil War." You know, I'm a fiction kind of girl. How did I produce kids who are definitely in the nonfiction camp? Not that I'm complaining -- I was pleasantly surprised at their science and social studies standardized test scores.

I'm making my summer reading list. It's getting long, too. I can't wait!

No comments: