Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Little This, A Little That

Two more days with students (actually, one and a half -- they get out at noon Friday). Two days of post planning.

Everything is graded. EOCT scores are in. I was really pleased with my 11th grade American Lit classes' perfomance, not so much with my 9th Lit/Comp.

I'm actually getting to attend the Monsters' Honor's Day today -- I've always had an exam to administer before, so this is a nice change. Then I have to get to work in the afternoon on getting my grades finalized and exported and wrap up my own information for high school Honor's Day.

I'm having separation anxiety about my juniors leaving and becoming seniors. I have taught these kids for four years (some for three), and I'm very attached to them. I don't know what I'll do next year, when they go to Wayne's World down the deck and I'm not seeing them every day! I will miss them terribly.

Smoke is blowing over from the wildfires -- woke up this morning and the house smelled of smoke. It's playing havoc with the DH and Monster #2's allergies, too. Not fun. We need a nice rain, but the weather people say it's not in our future anytime soon. My grass is dying!

Ah, well, I'm off to work on credit recovery plans. Hope you're having a great day!

No comments: