Saturday, February 03, 2007

Morning Musings

I had the weirdest dream last night. I've always dreamed of running and being chased in some manner, of hiding, even when I most needed to be found. Last night's dream was kind of along those lines and was very vivid. I tend to dream in movie format -- sometimes I'm in the movie, but often I'm watching the movie unfold. (This is a lot like my writing style -- my books run like films in my head. What can I say? I'm a linguistic and visual/spatial learner.)

Anyway, I woke up thinking about the dream and how it could be modified to work as a book plot. I need to take notes on that for a later date.

What I really need to do is kick Afterburn (Angel and Troy Lee's story) into gear. I've written all of three sentences, the same three sentences I have over at Karin Tabke's first line contest.

What's on my plate for today? Laundry, an errand, and cleaning. I need to return some emails. Do some planning for the nonfiction units I'm teaching next. And I need to draft a list of minute minders, the little wake-me-up-to-thinking questions I give my 9th graders along with their DOL sentences. I love the way they think. Maybe tomorrow I'll share with you some of their answers to this week's minute minders.

What's on your agenda for the weekend?

1 comment:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

That's pretty impressive that you've only written three sentences in the WIP and you're in the third round. Can't wait to see what you come up with for line four. ;)

Love the title Afterburn.

And my weekend is composed of taking care of three sick Gremlins. And keeping them occupied while DH tackles the taxes. Oh, and I've slipped into Joan's revision hell. (damn her!)