Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday Check In

Scenes from St. Augustine: The bay front historic district at dusk, from the vantage of the Castillo de San Marco.

Check it out! My progress on Something More since June 15 (last Sunday):

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meterZokutou word meter
51,749 / 80,000
(64.0%)

What I need to accomplish this week:

1) Print assignments, etc. for the grad course I'm starting tomorrow.

2) Wrap up lectures for the writing class I'm teaching, get ready to start teaching the next one.

3) Write minimum of 7K on SM.

4) Finish clearing the office so we can demo in there and work on it. (I'm tired of renovating -- I'm ready to be finished!)

5) Clear construction debris from the backyard.

Get this -- we won all the spindles to redo my front porch on ebay. 58 spindles, which would have cost me $3-$4 each at Lowes, for $.99. We have to pick them up about an hour away, but I'm still saving money (and reusing materials that would have gone into a landfill). But do you know how weird it will be to walk up and hand this guy $.99 for over a $100's worth of material?

No comments: