Monday, September 01, 2008

Do You Have Your Cookie Yet?

Hearts Awakened releases today!




It’s not the past that wounds us…it’s the ghosts we hold onto.

Hearts Awakened by Linda Winfree
Book Six of the Hearts of the South series

A lifetime ago Mark Cook’s pregnant wife vanished, taking everything and leaving an empty, aching hole in his life. Since then, as penance for his failure as a husband and father, he’s refused to allow himself to live. Refused to lay his sleeping heart on the line for any woman.

Enter Tori Calvert, his best friend’s baby sister. Suddenly, against his will—and against his better judgment—that same damaged heart seems determined to reawaken. And Mark’s not sure he can withstand the pain.

When she was a teenager, a vicious attack ripped away Tori’s very essence as a woman. Finally she feels ready to focus her existence on something other than her job as a rape crisis counselor. And to step outside the shelter of her loving, protective family. She trusts Mark more than any man, yet fear holds her back.

Fear that even the healing light of love may not be enough to banish the shadows of the past.

**

Hearts Awakened is a Recommended Read at Fallen Angel Reviews!

"Ms. Winfree’s skill at putting emotion into words is nothing short of genius, she had me laughing, crying, cheering and just a little hot... she had the mix of want and fear that Tori experiences perfect. Anyone that reads Hearts Awakened will not walk away unaffected and I can guarantee you’ll fall in love with Ms. Winfree’s work." -- Rachel C., Fallen Angel Reviews

For an excerpt and more information, click HERE.

10 comments:

Jambrea said...

WooHoo! Everyone needs to read this book! I heart Cookie.

raine said...

Congratulations on the new release, Linda! ;)

Lori said...

Woohoo!!!!!! Soooo excited!!!

Unknown said...

You absolutely rock!

Linda Winfree said...

Y'all are sooooo sweet. Thanks so much.

I'm only a little excited about this release. Can you tell? ;-)

Unknown said...

Yea! I was over on MBaM not long after midnight and kept checking for about an hour before I gave up & went to bed. Just as well, I guess as I would've been tempted to read instead of do my job;). I recently discovered your writing and I'm hooked!

Anonymous said...

Yay! It's here! Now I don't have to keep my mouth shut about it anymore. I can yell from the rooftops how great this book is.
RC

Linda Winfree said...

Hey, Melissa! Thanks for dropping by! And thank you for letting me know you like the books -- I've discovered writing is kinda like standing around naked. You're not sure if people are going to enjoy it or just laugh. ;-)

Linda Winfree said...

Rhian! Glad to see you! Thank you again for the fantabulous comments on Mark & Tori's story -- I keep going back to reread your thoughts.

vanessa jaye said...

Congratulations, Lin!!