Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Grumbly -- and Not in a Winnie-the-Pooh Way Either

Hero: Chris Parker. Book: Facing It. Pages left to revise: More than I want to admit to.

I'm very grumbly today. I'm pretty sure Connie is tired of listening to me. I don't even know why I'm grumbly. I just am. I know I'm all grumbly and grouchy when little things that normally don't bother me try to push me over the edge (like kids who don't understand BE QUIET at the beginning of standardized testing situations!).

On the positive side, several juniors came in for extra help with their Post-Modern papers after school the last couple of days. This is a challenging unit, and I can see major progress with their learning. That makes me happy.

But I'm still grumbly.

I've been trying to pre-read the Orwell article my seniors are reading tomorrow, but the office is the family-gathering spot and Monster #2 is in here reading aloud Rifles for Watie, and it's impossible to concentrate on Orwell's rules for the English language while he's reading. So I'm making a chapter two quiz for The Great Gatsby.

Did I mention I'll be teaching 1984, The Great Gatsby and either To Kill a Mockingbird or Lord of the Flies simultaneously? That means 50-60 pages of re-reading nightly because I have to read what the kids are assigned, plus my graduate reading (I'm working on my literature review for my Educational Research class) and my editing and revising.

Yes, I'm still grumbly.

I wonder if I watch Ghost Hunters if that will improve my mood?

2 comments:

Moira Rogers said...

Oh no, I missed it yesterday. But here's an extra long one: EEEEEEEE! Chris!

Keep on keepin' on at those revisions, you poor lady. Chris needs his adoring masses of squealing girls. :D

I've been a bit of a grump lately, too, but Donna keeps putting up with me for some reason. She may be administering sharp justice to the back of the head if I don't snap out of it though. LOL

Good luck with all the books...those are some doozies. I'm not sure I could reread all of those at the same time without being grumpy. Or perhaps a bit paranoid.

-Bree

Rhian Cahill said...

Were you born in a circus? Because you know that sounds like an awful lot of juggling to me.
RC