Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Check-In

Scenes from Winfree's hometown -- This used to be my parents' grocery store. They opened it when I was in kindergarten and retired when Monster #2 as a year old. I have lots of great memories of this place, like playing with the buggies (shopping carts for those of you outside the South) and even spending Saturdays working the cash register as a teenager. One of my really good friends from high school, Vann, was the bag boy then. He was killed in a car accident his freshman year of college; I still miss him.

Not much going on here. I'm working on revisions on Chris's book. We spent a lot of time this weekend working in the yard, and it looks so much better -- not so much like a jungle anymore. Educational Research is going better than I anticipated, so that's good. I have a new man in my life, too -- my new grandnephew who put in his appearance yesterday. From all accounts, mother and baby are doing well.

Anything new with you?

1 comment:

Moira Rogers said...

Chris! Eeeee! :D (That's going to be my only response every time you mention him.)

Congrats on the baby grand-nephew! I love being an auntie. I spoil Donna's kids until she wants to kill me, some days. LOL

-Bree