Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday Morning Stuff


Scenes from St. Augustine -- A view of the Matanzas Bay from atop the Castillo de San Marco.
What's going on this morning . . .
  • Mrs. Giggles does not love the Cookie. But that's okay. I've been doing this long enough to get that what works for one reader (or editor or agent) does not work for another. I think I'm going to post the 69 review on my rejection wall in my classroom. My kids would love that idea.
  • However, others do love the Cookie. I have have two recommended read reviews, an A+ at the Good, the Bad and the Unread, and I've gotten some really nice reader feedback. And it's still holding the #1 spot at MBAM.
  • More laundry.
  • I have to choose my topic for my Educational Research class. I'm afraid, very afraid. What if I pick a topic I can't find enough literature on? I don't have to turn my topic in until later in the week. I think I'm going to read ahead in the course material then do some preliminary library searching to make sure there's info out there on whatever I choose to do.
  • I need to plan for next week. I have finally figured out the key to accomplishing things with my ninth graders -- group work. They don't do well with straight instruction time, so I'm trying to work as much as possible into a minilesson followed by practice model for them.
  • Edits. I have about 65 pages to go on Troy Lee's book. I should get 20 pages or so done today.
  • Continue fiddling with the website. I'm trying to clean it up, update and add new content. I am s-l-o-w with the whole web thing. But I'm working on it.

What's up with you this morning?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear rumors that Ms. Giggles is a short near-sighten Asian. I'm picturing a little old man who continuosly squints. Can't see too well like that.
RC