Saturday, September 27, 2008

Total Randomness

Scenes from St. Augustine -- A view at dusk of the cemetary next to the visitor's center.

My cousin is getting married. My sister emailed to say he was sending invitations but didn't want gifts. This might be a good thing, because as said beloved sister pointed out, what does one buy a millionaire?

Do you know how weird it is to contemplate being related to a millionaire?

I'm still working on revising Chris's book. Said revisions are due next week. I'm trying to wrap them up, honest I am.

I've been whining to Joan for the last twenty minutes or so about being at a crossroads of sort and not knowing where to go or what to do. I can empathize with my friend Pam, who was working on her first doctoral paper today, in which she had to explore her personal goals and how they intersect with her educational goals. "Personal goals?" she said. "I don't have any!"

She does, of course. She just didn't see them until we'd talked them out. I'm kind of hoping my current situation is the same -- that the answers or goals are there and that I simply don't see them yet.

Any suggestions for how to puzzle out hazy goals or plans? I'm open to them!






1 comment:

bec5848 said...

This is from the other cousin, sister of the groom in the so mentioned wedding. Are you going to his wedding? Will I get to see you there? Sounds like it is going to be a very interesting wedding! Party in the brush, Party in Mexico, Wedding in a Catholic church, Party at the ranch, and the list goes on. Sounds like the can't miss event of the Holiday Season! Bec :)